How to Make Decorative Press Print Easter Decorations
- Create egg or other Easter themed templates out of strong card and cut out.
- Place the template on the piece of pressprint foam and draw around.
- Cut out this shape to make the base of the decoration.
- Experiment with a range of mark making tools to ‘carve’ designs into the pressprint foam.
- Add colour with watered down pearlescent acrylic paint (this adds lovely a shimmering colour but doesn’t ‘fill in’ the pattern detail).
- Leave to dry.
- Add sparkling detail with self-adhesive 3D gems, sequins and glitter glue.
- Punch a hole in the top of the egg and add a ribbon loop for hanging the decoration.
How to Press Print Easter Designs
- Squeeze a blob of the bright printing ink onto a tray and use a roller to spread out the ink into a thin layer.
Tip: Listen for a crackling noise as you roll, when this begins the ink has been spread out enough and is ready to use. – see video.
Roll the colour onto the Pressprint foam shape, lift up, turn over the shape and press onto good quality white or coloured card.
- Rub firmly on the back of the shape with your hand then lift up to reveal your print.
- Allow to dry.
- Cut out the shapes and use to collage onto pictures or Easter Cards.
- To make one like ours use the happy celebration cards, add detail with flower gems, glitter glue, metallic pens and iridescent shreds etc.
- This highly tactile collage activity enables children to explore colour, texture and pattern. Make the eggs out of colourful card and decorate using pipe cleaners, buttons, mosaic pieces etc. Once made, put on the front of a handmade card or punch a hole in the top and string the eggs together to make colourful classroom displays.
- These Easter egg relief paintings are delightful as a gift or Easter display piece as this simple ‘masking’ technique enables children to create instant works of art ready to hang on the wall. Use masking tape on primed canvas to create the design and pearlescent and metallic acrylic paint to add shimmering washes of colour. Add a unique finishing touch to the canvas by using sparkling glitter glue.
- These animal themed Easter Baskets are perfect for holding lots of tasty Easter treats! Create by adding flour based papier mache to the outside of an inflated balloon. When dry, add colourful tissue paper with watered down PVA and add lots of fun detail with mini pom poms, felt and sharpie pens.
Happy Easter making!